Monday, April 19, 2010

This week's review "Tyler's Taproom of Durham NC"

                       Tyler’s Taproom is in the very rustic downtown setting of Durham NC. When you arrive at the establishment you will notice a small man made river flowing next to you outside of the watering hole, this water fall very much excited me as I had already had 5 beers at the Durham Bulls game prior to heading over to the bar. Outside the bar people chatter and wait to be seated, but since I don’t review the restaurant part of it that doesn’t really matter. Anyways back to the bar, as you walk in you’ll notice a brick foundation creates the atmosphere of the joint.


                       Now what’s interesting about Tyler’s Taproom is that it takes on the old Chicago prohibition theme where the bar is in the back of the restaurant separated from the eating area (The bar even refers it as the Speakeasy). Now this is nice because if you like being loud like I do it’s not bother some to the patrons who are eating. Now I didn’t like the way they just played a bunch of random music overhead I’m more of a jukebox guy(which they don’t have a jukebox), but what they do have is 9 foot pool tables (3 to be exact), which are well maintained and are a bright magenta color. If you’re not interested in pool they have a great patio right outside that doesn’t have much of a view but you can smoke and have a beer or two with a T.V.

                      If you like playing pool and pretty decent drink service then I think you’ll enjoy Tyler’s Taproom. After having a few drinks there and meeting some people I would have to give Tyler’s Taproom of Durham NC, 3 drinks out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment